Monday, October 25

Journal 3. The Fool


My love band "Warpaint" has released their new album The Fool on October 1th. I hate myself for noticing the news so slow that I can't download and listen to it at the first moment.
Two hours before, I was browsing the White Rabbit Recored's FB pages, then I found that they post a song by Warpaint which I have never listened before. As I read the content closely, I realized that it was the new song from their brand new album. I can't hide my joyful mood for I love their last album Exquisite Corpse very much.
For me, Warpaint is the symbol of "woman power", their music is strong and intense, or even violent. They are good at creating the atmosphere of mystery. Sometimes they just give me a sense that they are fairies living in the deepest woods but always hiding their faces under a wolf mask.


I listened to their music for almost a whole year, and I think the main reason that I love them so much is because they all are girls! And each of them were very talent. One of their favorite trick was to "switch place". Like they all can sing and play guitar. So for every different song they can change vocal or have two singers.
Now I'm going to post the first song of The Fool here. It is called "Undertow".
It's powerful and shocked. and I think it's good for heart-breaking people.

1 comment:

  1. The style of the MV is a little old fashioned, the members of the band also dressing in an unique way, which are all very cool. The vocal is attractive as well, it's weird, but very impressive.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete