Wednesday, January 19

Journal 6 all about lily chou chou



Yesterday night my friend tal-tal asked me to send her Lily Chou-chou's song through the MSN. Then I opened Lily's files, and I just couldn't help but keep playing her songs again and again on my iTunes. The night reminds me of some sunshine days of living in my little apartment next to Fu Jen. For those days, I always listen to Lily Chou-chou when I need some comforts, and I would play songs all day long, and stare at sparkling sunlight on my wall which coming from my window. I still can remember that my roommate and I love Lily's song so much that we always joke about we should call our future daughter 周莉莉 with the English name Lily (lily chou chou), if we marry someone who got a first name chou.

The album is titled Hu-Shi(呼吸). It seemed to be the soundtrack of the film All About Lily Chou Chou but I'm not rally sure about it. I used to love 飛べない翼 most, because it was the main background melody of the film, and reminds me lots of important scenes in the film. Then I started to love the the third song エロティッく , because it attracts me most when I first listen to the whole album. On the other hand I also think 共鳴(空虛な石)is very impressive because its chorus is very powerful and strong. When I feel upset, I can recover very soon from her intense but sincere singing. However, soon after I started felling into with the fifth song in the album named 回復する傷, a song without lyric but Lily's humming. It's truly a peaceful song that give listener a sense of consolation. Sometimes when I really in a hard time, I need a whole night to think and to talk to myself, then I would play a quite song like 回復する傷 repeatedly to accompany me. Besides, the song 愛の実験 can not be ignored because Lily's voice in this song is too sexy that when I listen the first line "I see you, you see me..." I can not help but keep quivering.

For last night, a night I started to listen to Lily Chou-chou again, at the same moment I realized that it's not about I love which song in this album, it's because Salyu's (the real singer that sing Hu-shi in reality) song just so good and touching that every time I listen to them, in no matter what kinds of mood, I still would indulge in her music deeply. Some songs just have the atmosphere to fit into people's heart and let people define them as remarkable as priceless souvenir.

All About Lily Chou-Chou (リリイ・シュシュのすべて) is a 2001 Japanese film written and directed by Shunji Iwai. It portrays serious issues among teenagers like loneliness, sex, violence, personality manipulation and even prostitution. Though the movie emphasize on lots of issues, the whole film still run in a quite atmosphere along with Salyu's music. The scenes are beautifully shotted, the lights are bright and hazy, and the speed is slow. It has already been two years when the first time I watched the film, so I couldn't remember the exactly plots. This year, the year of 2011 is the tenth Anniversary of All About Lily Chou-Chou, and she have a new song called Ether which I already got from my lover. Still very beautiful and touching. Maybe I will find some time to see the film twice to flash back my memory toward Lily. Love Lily Chou-chou forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment